Senior Player Profile: Mia Moddelmog

Provided by Mia Moddelmog

Mia playing the sport she loves

Macy Klein, Sports Journalism

As she starts her senior softball season, Mia Moddelmog is eager to compete in her last high school season at Fossil Ridge High School. Moddelmog has put a lot of time and dedication into her high school softball team and couldn’t be more proud of the person she has become from playing softball.

Moddelmog found a love for softball when she was two. Her dad coached college baseball when she was very young so she was always around it. From being around her dad and his college baseball team, she naturally fell in love with the sport. Her favorite part of softball is playing with and for the girls on her team along with having a common goal, which is to dominate their opponents. For the love of softball, Moddelmog plans to continue her academic and athletic career at the next level.

Moddelmog has been committed to UT Martin in Tennessee since her sophomore year and has been excited to start this new journey. Moddelmog has always been drawn to the south since she was a little girl; she has always had the desire to live a life outside of Colorado. Moddelmog is most excited about “playing with new people and playing some good competition” at UT Martin.

Moddelmog has played softball for Fossil since her freshman year and has enjoyed every second of it. Moddelmog said, “The girls I’ve played with are so supportive, we’re like a family”. Moddelmog feels confident about her senior senior as she says they are off to a great start, adding, “We’ve been playing very well together and that’s what has helped us win games”. Moddelmog’s favorite softball memory was hitting a grand slam in the final four to tie their game against Eaglecrest High School who have been a challenge all four years.

Be sure to congratulate Mia Moddelmog in the hallway.