Fossil with another win against Boulder

Ashley Steffeck making a pass for the shot Photo Credit: Olivia Doro

Olivia Doro

Fossil Ridge High School basketball has been dominating this season, even mentioned by 9NEWS Prep Sports Twitter for their top high school plays of the week, voting is still open on Twitter so cast your vote before it ends. The girls have won their City Sweep after beating Fort Collins High School last week, took down the number one ranked team in state Highlands Ranch High School, and Tuesday, February 6 the girls took another win against Boulder High School.

Boulder didn’t know what hit them when Fossil took the court, winning the tip off and taking the ball straight to the net for a shot. That move set the tone for the game and the Panthers scored only sixteen points while Fossil kept making shots. After a last minute shot from Lauren Zwetzig at the end of the first quarter the Sabercats led Boulder 13-2.

The girls over doubled their score during the second quarter. Going for the offense and taking every shot that came their way, while Boulder struggled to get hold of the ball. With two final shots from Zaeleigh Barela in the last minute of the game, the Sabercats took the half 33-6.

After a performance from the Fossil dance team the teams took the court for their final half. Fossil with incredible shots, a great offensive line and strategy, and an amazing three pointer from Sophia Hadad put Fossil at 45-10 headed into the last quarter.

Rebounds, steals, aggression, and teamwork helped the Sabercats to another win, 55-16. Putting them at 15 wins and two losses going into their next game against Legacy High School on Friday, February 9 at home. Come and show your Sabercats some love and support before their season ends.