Humans of Fossil: Kenady Adams

Humans of Fossil: Kenady Adams

Kenady Adams, Photo taken by: Cohan Bonow
Many people know Kenady Adams, a student here at Fossil. She has a great personality; she’s sarcastic and caring and can always find a way to bring light to the lives of those around her. When you hear her name, you know who it is. Living with no trace of insecurities or being shy she will go out of her way to make anyone’s day. Kenady believes strongly in being happy. She is just the kind of girl that will come up to you and smile or crack a joke just to try and turn your frown upside down.. Kenady’s personality reflects the care she has for her family, friends, and peers. She is intensely passionate about what she does and she always strives to do the best she can but also remembers that she should have some fun once in awhile.

Growing up Kenady got the chance to travel places that many people her age haven’t ever gone. One of her favorite childhood memories was when she was ten, she got to go to South Africa for the Men’s World Cup in 2010. Kenady and her father packed their bags and headed out on a once in a lifetime trip. She explains her trip, “First we stopped in London for three days to sight-see. My favorite part was seeing the Buckingham Palace. Then we took a train to Paris. We stayed there for a couple of days then flew to Johannesburg, South Africa.” When they were in Johannesburg, Africa they saw three World Cup soccer games; a Spain game, a Netherlands game, and a Uruguay game. “We also went on a five day safari in Kruger National Park. There were elephants walking around camp and there were monkeys who kept taking our food. After South Africa we flew to our last destination; Cairo, Egypt. We saw the pyramids and everything else that Egypt had to offer.” Another one of Kenady’s favorite memories was when her brother, Ryne, was born. When she heard the news that she was soon going to be a big sister, she was ecstatic. “It’s difficult to comprehend or even describe how I felt holding him for the first time, it was so surreal and I couldn’t believe I had a little brother. I also remember always wanting to help my mom feed him or even change his diaper, it was like I needed to be apart of every moment he had.”As a child and to this day, Kenady has gotten to experience some pretty cool things and that is what makes her different from other people at Fossil.

Kenady’s home life isn’t what everyone would imagine it as, her parents are divorced. She has one brother, one sister, and two half-siblings. She spends most of her time during the school year at her father’s house because it is closer to Fossil and the activities she participates in. Some weekends, Kenady will stay at her mother’s house where her brother and sister live. She talks about her family, “Ryne, my brother, is my best friend and the most annoying little kid I have ever met but I love him. Quinn, my sister, is very artsy and our personalities clash but I love her as well. My mom is my favorite person to be around, she always knows how to make me smile and she is my rock. My dad is a jokester and we have more like a best friend relationship. He is the person who introduced me to soccer. He’s the best.” Though Kenady has divorced parents, she believes that she still has strong, solid relationships with her family and wouldn’t want to have it any other way.

Starting at a young age, Kenady gained the skills of soccer. She began playing soccer at the age of three, making lasting friendships with her teammates and coaches that she still has today. “Tony Minatta coached me when I was eleven and he pushed me to be and do my best and he taught me to love the game.” Soccer has brought many accomplishments to Kenady’s life. She has won three State Championships, she has won a Disney Soccer Showcase Tournament in Orlando, Florida, and she has been apart of many in state tournaments. Kenady’s team is and has been very successful and she has been a huge part of their success by being the team captain. The team picked Kenady as one of their captains because of her ability to lead the team and her well developed communication skills. Her biggest accomplishment dealing with soccer is her commitment to continue her soccer career in college. On May 5, 2015, Kenady verbally committed to play division one soccer at Iowa State University. “The campus is easy to navigate and the landscape is beautiful. It felt like home. Iowa State’s sports facilities were some of the best I have ever seen. Everything was clean and kept up to date. Not to mention the soccer field is perfect. All of these thing played a part in me picking Iowa State but the big selling point for me was the coaching staff.” Iowa State University’s soccer staff consists of head coach, Tony Minatta. Kenady Adams states why the coaching staff was the selling point in her decision, “playing for Tony again will be a dream come true. Iowa State is the perfect school for me and I am beyond blessed to be able to continue my soccer career at such an amazing school.” This was her biggest accomplishment because she has wanted to attend this college since she was a child and to be able to make that happen was very emotionally rewarding for her and her family.

If you are interested in more information about Kenady and her soccer career visit her website; www.KenadyAdams.com.