Food in Fort Collins: J Gumbos

Food in Fort Collins: J Gumbos

J Gumbos has locations in eleven states. (Image Credit- J Gumbos)

Every high school student has one lunch spot that they could dine at every day. J Gumbos, a Cajun restaurant located in Southeast Fort Collins is my go to spot for lunch. J Gumbos serves traditional Cajun dishes with loads of flavor and tangy spices. The restaurant is open from 11 am to 8 pm on Monday through Saturday. Sunday hours are 11 am to 7 pm if you want to grab a bite with your family.

Variety and value are two attributes that J Gumbos excels at providing to their customers. Over 15 delicious entrees are on the menu at J Gumbos. Customers have the option to mix and match up to three entrees for a small extra charge of $2. This allows customers to personalize their order to satisfy their appetite for a flavorful southern dish.

J Gumbos gives customers a bang for their buck by not having a single entrée on the menu priced over $8.99. Every meal comes with a side of buttered Texas toast that will have your mouth watering. A large bowl of finger licking gumbo and along with a side is enough to fill anyone’s hunger during the lunch break. Frequent customers can sign up for a rewards program that awards members with a free drink for every $20 spent at J Gumbos.

One downside to dining at this fine establishment is the lack in original restaurant atmosphere. J Gumbos has a very casual dining room layout with several TV playing the NFL network nonstop. Southern jazz is playing in the background which doesn’t effectively add to the restaurant ambience because you are distracted by the TV. Customers won’t find an intimate setting or five star cuisine at this restaurant. At J Gumbos, customers will find tasty, flavorful food with a variety of entrée options all while getting a bang for your buck. As a hungry high school student, I couldn’t ask for anything else.

[socialpoll id=”2308528″]