The Story of Rashad Mohamed

Rashad Mohamed at School

Rashad Mohamed at School

Rashad Mohamed at School

Blake Cummins, Student

Just two years ago Rashad Mohamed was a freshmen who was about to walk in the doors of a massive school named Fossil Ridge High School.

In  his first day of school, Mohamed was nervous. He saw how big the school and was nervous but he got better through the day. Mohamed finally got where his classes were and what they were trying to present.  Fossil was a huge family. Soon he was finally a high schooler.

Outside of school Mohamed plays basketball by his house for hours on end. Mohamed stays out there forever, just practicing on his game. He practices with Quincy Hobbs and many other friends. Hobbs hangs out a lot with Mohammed, who also likes basketball.. His favorite player is Lebron James, who is a NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Mohamed has tried out for many school basketball teams including the Preston Middle School team. He has not missed many rosters, but when he does, he practices harder and harder to where he gets on the team the next year.

Mohamed’s day is normal. He gets up, then goes to school with some classes he likes but some he does not like. Mohamed does not like math, but still has fun with his friends at school and after school. Mohamed goes outside and starts playing basketball for hours on end. Mohamed sometimes practices for up to three hours.

His favorite part of Fossil is the basketball team and the gym. On Tuesday and Thursday nights Mohamad goes to Fossil, where there is an open shoot-around and practices to get ready for the next Fossil Ridge basketball season. Mohamed is doing everything he can to get on the varsity basketball team the following season.

In all, Mohamad is a person who likes basketball, has lots of friends, dreams to be a professional NBA player, and is a great student at Fossil, the home of the Sabercats.

About the Writer
Blake Cummins, Sports Writer
Blake Cummins is a  sophomore  in his first year of journalism, . He mostly enjoys  writing about sports. He is not a talkative person, though doesn’t have an issue talking with other people, he doesn’t really like to constantly talk. Cummins was born in Loveland, Colorado and has lived there ever since. Cummins lives with...